This is an incredible item to have on hand, at all times!! Perfect for sauces, soups or just plain (with some veggies) to cure a cold.
• I use Ina’s recipe as a base
• Grab 1 roasting chicken (usually works out to be 4.7 lb) – ask your butcher to cut in 8 pieces, unless you want to do this yourself
• Roast chicken/veggies at 425 for 40 minutes… It’ll smell great!
• Transfer to a stock pot, throw in herbs (the dill adds a great flavor), add 20 cups of water and simmer for 6 hours (4 is sufficient)
• Drain, chill over night, remove fat and freeze for later use