This is an excellent recipe to whip up your own rice milk at home. After several trys, I discovered the best tasting rice milk is one where you toast the grain, soak, rinse, cook (optional) and blend! Below are a few tips you can use:
- I use this awesome Brown Rice Milk recipe as a base
- Toast: Toast the brown rice in a saute pan for 4-5 minutes over medium heat
- Soak: Soaking is one of the best things you can do for your body! Make sure you soak your grain for 10 hours or so. Find out more about the health benefits of soaking.
- Rinse: Make sure you rinse the brown rice to remove the toxic enzyme inhibitors
- Cook – Optional: I found the consistency is better if you cook the rice (this is optional).
- Blend: I add two more cups of water and blend away! Feel free to add agave, cocoa, maple syrup or other fun sweeteners for an added twist! For a smoother consistency, you can pass this through a sieve.